AIMMS Knowledge Base Article – KB000019
Switch version of AIMMS COM object or Excel Add-In
It is possible to switch to a different version of the AIMMS COM object or the Excel Add-In.
When you startup the AIMMS COM object or the AIMMS Excel Add-In, you might get the following error message:
Incompatible project file
Could not startup AIMMS
Or any other indication from which you can see that the wrong AIMMS COM object or AIMMS Excel Add-In is started.
During an installation, the latest AIMMS COM object (AimmsCOM.exe in the Bin folder) is registered. When you run the Excel Add-In example, the AIMMS Excel Add-In is registered. Only one AIMMS COM object and one Excel Add-In can be registered at a time (AIMMS 3.5 and lower). For AIMMS 3.6 and higher every AIMMS version has its own AIMMS COM object registered separately.
To use a different AIMMS COM object, you can register that AIMMS COM object
by running the shortcut “Register AIMMSCOM” that can be found in the AIMMS Bin folder.
To use a different AIMMS Excel Add-In, you should
- (For AIMMS 3.4 or lower) first un-register the current AIMMS Excel Add-In:
- Open Excel, in the menu: go to Tools – Add Ins… and uncheck AIMMS Excel Add-In.
- Close Excel.
- In the registry delete the AIMMS related keys under the following key: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Excel\Add-in Manager”. The AIMMS related keys end with “AIMMS.xla”.
After that register the new AIMMS Excel Add-In:
- Open Excel, in the menu: go to Tools – Add Ins… click on Browse… and select the AIMMS.xla file from the Excel Add-In folder of the corresponding AIMMS version.
- (For AIMMS 3.5 or higher) run the AIMMS Excel Add-In example in the Examples folder of the corresponding AIMMS version (enable macros). The AIMMS Excel Add-In will be registered automatically.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.