AIMMS Knowledge Base Article – KB000007
Installation interrupted before AIMMS could be completely installed
The AIMMS installation can be interrupted before AIMMS is completely installed for various reasons.
When you try to install AIMMS, the following error message might occur:
The wizard was interrupted before AIMMS could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To
complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
This error contains a very global message and can have different causes:
- You don’t have sufficient rights to run the installation.
- AIMMS, the AIMMS license server, or any other software that uses the Sentinel dongle driver, is running on your computer when you try to install AIMMS.
- The windows installer and/or registry settings are corrupted.
- The TEMP or TMP environment variables do not have a valid value, or you do not install to the C drive.
- Anti-virus software is running during the installation
Try one or more of the following suggestions and after that retry to install AIMMS.
- Make sure you have enough rights (administrator rights) to run the installation.
- Make sure that there is no software (AIMMS, AIMMS license server or other software) running on your computer that uses the Sentinel dongle driver.
- Download and install the latest windows installer. The files can be downloaded here.
- Download and install the ISScript8.msi file (only for AIMMS 3.5.71 and earlier).
- Download the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. Read the instructions carefully and try to clean any registry settings with it if necessary.
- Make sure the TEMP and TMP environment variables have valid values, and install to the C drive.
- Make sure no anti-virus software is running during the installation
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.