AIMMS PRO 2.11 Release
On August 9, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.11(126.96.36.1990). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Extended AIMMS PRO ‘Administrative Tools’ menu with ‘Log Management’ page, through which
- Admin user can download AIMMS PRO log files from AIMMS PRO Portal in a single zip archive so that they can be easily submitted to the client support in case of any issues.
- Admin user has ability to change AIMMS PRO log settings from AIMMS PRO Portal so that it’s easier to change the log level to track down an issue and then put it back to the default value. For more details, please see AIMMS PRO Manual.
- AIMMS PRO now provides support for proxy-servers that require Kerberos authentication.
- Fixed an issue which caused the SQL error while setting user level permissions for the apps in some specific scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the PRO launcher did not comply fully with IETF standards for communicating with proxy-servers.
AIMMS PRO 2.10.6 Release
On July 22, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.10.6 (188.8.131.529). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where Launcher could not work when the windows login name contained spaces.
- In combination with newer (>= 4.23) AIMMS version:
- When a fatal application error occurs on a solver or data session a dump file is now generated in %AIMMSPRO_DATADIR%\ErrorReports.
- Fixed an issue with saving the last webUI data-session state (case file) when large amounts of data were involved.
AIMMS PRO 2.10 Release
On July 8, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.10 (184.108.40.2065). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Admin user has ability to delete seat for WebUI apps and WinUI apps (for WinUI apps only ‘reserved’ seats can be deleted) through Administrative Tools – Seats Monitoring menu.
- Fixed an issue with connecting to certain proxy servers that would cause the initial handshake to fail while the connection was actually accepted correctly.
- Fixed an issue where user group cannot be deleted when it has a very long name with character ‘_’ (underscore).
- Fixed an issue where user could be redirected to adLogin login page due to browser’s adblocker setting of users.
- Fixed an issue where AIMMS PRO was creating many JVM mini dump files on the PRO server.
- Fixed an issue where case or data files could get corrupted due to the failed uploads which were not remove from PRO Storage.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.10 Release
On June 17, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.10 (build 220.127.116.112). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue which was causing memory leaks on a rare configuration of certain solvers.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.9 Release
On June 7, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.9 (build 18.104.22.1683). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue with the API that caused not releasing resources when possible at the server.
- Added logging of server-side resource consumption.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.8 Release
On May 27, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.8 (build 22.214.171.1248). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where AIMMS Desktop launcher could not connect directly when a connection through proxy-server fails and could not launch the app.
- Fixed an issue where Licence took long to be free in some scenarios.
- Proper error message will be displayed when the tunnel endpoint is not reachable.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.7 Release
On May 4, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.7 (build 126.96.36.1994). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where some Apps could not launch through IE.
- Decreased the time from 4-5 minutes to 25 seconds for License to be free when client lost a physical connection (when client is not reachable).
AIMMS PRO 2.9.6 Release
On April 22, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 188.8.131.528. Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Increased default timeout for JobConfig from 5 minute to 1 hour in AIMMS PRO API.
- AIMMS PRO Portal now gives message when files are not downloaded correctly to the client and it deletes files from %localappdata%\Aimms\PRO\ folder so that it can be downloaded again successfully.
- Fixed an issue with launching WebUI applications that appeared with some HTTPS certificates.
- Fixed an issue where Upload widget in WebUI applications could stop working after running data session for some time.
- Fixed an issue where admin user could not see jobs submitted by all other users via ListAllJobs in AIMMS PRO API.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.5 Release
On April 14, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 184.108.40.2064. Changes made in this release are listed below.
- We have set the memory limits for AIMMS PRO Java processes in order to limit the memory usage of the server during solver sessions.
AIMMS PRO 220.127.116.113 Release
On April 5, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 18.104.22.1683. Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where it was still able to accept SSL RC4 ciphers.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.4 Release
On April 1, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.4 (build 22.214.171.1248). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Upgraded internal web server component to patch a security issue.
- Disabled various deprecated SSL ciphers to make the SSL connection more secure.
- Changed AIMMS PRO API so that it can allow multiple invocation of the same JobConfig/ProcedureCall instance.
- Fixed an issue where launcher failed to launch the desktop apps (which contained spaces in App name) on some versions of Internet Explorer.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.3 Release
On March 24, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9.3 (build 126.96.36.1996). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed a web socket tunnel issue which caused the connection lost after 5 minutes ideal time.
- Fixed an issue where starting an application from PRO portal could result in errors in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where PRO portal was not removing temporary files from C:\Windows\Temp.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes PRO portal could not accept new HTTPS connections.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.2 Release
On March 11, 2016, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.9 (build 188.8.131.524). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where incoming websocket traffic could be intermittently truncated due to which multiselect widget in webUI apps remained empty.
AIMMS PRO 2.9.1 Release
On March 10, 2016, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.9 (build 184.108.40.2068). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Fixed an issue where Active Directory users which belongs to many user groups were not able to login to PRO.
AIMMS PRO 2.9 Release
On February 25, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.9 (build 220.127.116.115). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Improved logging and more specific error messages for Active directory.
- Fixed an issue where publishing a WebUI app under a same name that has been used before was messing up the WebUI layout.
- Fixed an UI issue on account settings page.
- Fixed an issue where AIMMS WebUI upload widget could fail due to incomplete AIMMS PRO configuration in the case of clean install.
- Added proxy support which allows web sockets used in AIMMS to connect over a proxy.
AIMMS PRO 2.8 Release
On February 5, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.8 (build 18.104.22.1685). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- Extended AIMMS PRO API with two new methods ‘Server.downloadStorageFileToLocalFile’ and ‘Server.uploadLocalFileToStorage’ which allows to put and get files in/from the AIMMS PRO Storage so that the AIMMS models can work get data from externally generated input files and output results to the files that can be used externally. For details, see the documentation.
- User was not able to update an App when do not have ‘execute’ permission.
- Double click on App icon did not launch correct app when having more than 12 apps on Apps page.
- Active directory users were not able to re-login to PRO using Internet explorer unless they restart the browser.
- PRO services were able to start with an expired PRO license, where it should not.
- Fixed an issue that caused the desktop client to no longer handle update messages from the solver/server session.
AIMMS PRO 2.7 Release
On January 28, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.7 (build 22.214.171.1240). Changes made in this release are listed below.
- The main feature of AIMMS PRO 2.7 is that it now also supports AIMMS PRO on a Linux server (of course, PRO 2.7 still runs just fine on Windows). Running AIMMS PRO on a Linux Server is somewhat different from running AIMMS PRO on a Windows Server. The main difference lies in the field of AIMMS PRO installation. For more details, please see the documentation. The Windows installation process remains unaltered.
- Fixed an issue causing the AIMMS PRO desktop client not to start for users that have non-utf7-characters in their Windows login name (i.e. äbc, ééms).
- Fixed an issue causing message-processing to stop under certain conditions when invoking pro::messaging::WaitForMessages.
- Fixed an issue where AIMMS PRO Desktop client was not able to reconnect to active solver session by using request manager’s progress window option when application is launched again.
AIMMS PRO 2.6.4 Bugfix Release
On January 8, 2016, we released AIMMS PRO 2.6.4 (build 126.96.36.1994). The following improvement has been made in this release:
- Fixed tunnel issue where websocket proxy was always picking up the very first tunnel as destination, in scenario when more than one tunnels are configured.
AIMMS PRO 2.6.3 Bugfix Release
On December 24, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 2.6.3 (build 188.8.131.525). The following improvement has been made in this release:
- Fixed support for IE-8. Now AIMMS PRO portal functionally works on IE 8.
AIMMS PRO 184.108.40.2064 Release
On December 15, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 220.127.116.114. The following improvements have been made in this release:
- Improved stability for HTTPS connections.
- Changed authorization check so that admin can view users from another environments that belong to a group from his/her group.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AIMMS PRO Desktop client not to start correctly when the solvers.slv file was present inside the published aimmspack.
- AIMMS PRO portal now supports .gif for Login page background image and for Company logo.
AIMMS PRO 2.6.2 Release
On December 4, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 2.6.2 (build 18.104.22.1688). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- Improve performance of HTTP and especially HTTPS connections to PRO server, especially in medium- to high-latency scenarios. HTTPS and HTTP now exhibit the same speed.
- Solved stability issues of websocket connections over HTTPS from the PRO desktop client to the PRO backend services. In scenarios where multiple messages were exchanged in relatively high frequency, the connection could be dropped, and the PRO desktop client could crash or hang.
- Fixed a configurator issue leading to null-pointer exceptions when certain configuration fields were left empty.
- Fixed an issue where downloading a case from the request manager could fail.
- Fixed an issue where permissions set on environments would not propagate to groups and users within such environments
- User permissions set for a user from one environment will now also be shown when the user is displayed as a group member in another environment.
AIMMS PRO 2.6 Release
On November 4, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 2.6 (build 22.214.171.124). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- Branding: We have redesigned the look and feel of the AIMMS PRO portal to match our updated AIMMS branding. In addition, we introduced a customization feature that lets you add your own branding and in-house support contact details. For details, see the documentation.
- Improved the navigation in the AIMMS PRO Configurator.
- Improved the ability to diagnose problems by improving the log outputs.
- Improved tunnel functionality.
- Multiple connections over same tunnel.
- Authorizations errors are now emitted during starting of tunnel instead of upon accessing the tunnel by e.g. the ODBC driver.
- Improved stability for central storage operations.
AIMMS PRO 2.5 Release
On September 25, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 2.5 (build 126.96.36.199). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- API: The new AIMMS PRO API allows you to build custom Apps in Java or C# code using the AIMMS PRO platform e.g. submit ‘solve jobs’ from these Apps. Next to AIMMS Windows and WebApps, this means you can now deploy AIMMS inside Apps; ideal for e.g. closed loop optimization. In addition, the AIMMS PRO API allows you to perform most tasks supported by the AIMMS PRO job request manager. For details, see the documentation.
- Backup-and-restore function: This extension to AIMMS PRO allows administrators to recover from e.g. equipment failure and database corruption, and to return to an earlier configuration of the AIMMS PRO Setup. Backups can be scheduled and/or manually-triggered. Having this in place will also help our Client Support team to better support you, as the created back-up files allow us (when shared) to more easily reproduce your AIMMS PRO configuration in case of questions. For details, see the documentation.
AIMMS PRO 2.4 Bugfix Release
On September 9, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.4 (build 188.8.131.52). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- Fixed an issue with opening a model with the ‘&’-sign in the namesolved.
- Fixed an issue with deleting some apps that were published in earlier versions of AIMMS PRO.
- Fixed an issue with migration from PRO 1.0 resulting in the broken configuration.
AIMMS PRO 2.4 Release
On August 10, 2015, we released AIMMS PRO 2.4 (build 184.108.40.206). The following improvement has been made in this release:
- We added tunneling functionality – see the manual topic on this.
- The PRO Configurator is now a Windows service. It is now a web page and can be accessed by going to http://your-server-name:9191. It will require authentication; please provide the Admin user credentials.
- The dispatcher Windows service no longer exists.
- Minor user experience improvements:
- For clients using a non-Windows OS (e.g. iOS, Android, OS X), Active Directory environments are no longer visible in the environments list on the PRO login page.
- For clients using a non-Windows OS (e.g. iOS, Android, OS X), AIMMS Desktop Applications are no longer visible in the applications list on the PRO Apps page.
- Various stability fixes.
AIMMS PRO 2.3 Bugfix Release
On August 5, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.3 (build 220.127.116.11). The following improvement has been made in this release:
- An error that occurred when trying to delete a storage bucket with several layers of child buckets has been resolved.
AIMMS PRO 2.3 Bugfix Release
On July 20, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.3 (build 18.104.22.168). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- When removing an app, PRO now also deletes the data in the storage at the server. From now on:
– If you delete a project/AIMMS versions, all files that belong to it, are removed both from both the storage folder (C:\ProgramData\AimmsPRO\Data\storage\) and the publishing folder (C:\ProgramData\AimmsPRO\Data\publishing\).
– After installing this hotfix your publishing folder will be automatically cleaned up from all obsolete data
– If you upgrade from AimmsPRO-22.214.171.124 or lower, then the storage folder will be automatically cleaned up from all deleted projects/AIMMS versions.
– If you upgrade from AimmsPRO-126.96.36.199, then the files in the storage folder will remain, but you would be able to remove them from there using the Control Panel app.
- In the PRO 2.3 version, changes made to the networking code contained a bug that would occasionally (depending on network/computer load) manifest itself by failing case-uploads/solves.
AIMMS PRO 2.3 Bugfix Release
On July 8, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.3 (build 188.8.131.52). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- The PRO server did not start when there were still jobs queued for an already deleted project.
- The AIMMS PRO Desktop (and Launcher) now also loads certificates from the “Intermediate Certification Authorities”, allowing them to verify certificates issued by certain Certificate Providers.
- The overall stability of the communication library has been improved.
AIMMS PRO 2.3 Bugfix Release
On June 25, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.3 (build 184.108.40.206). The following improvements have been made in this release:
- There were some problems with the pro::authentication::GetEntityList function.
- The ‘revert to user default layout ‘ functionality for WebUI applications didn’t always work correctly.
- Improved overall stability for WebUI applications.
- A stability fix was done for the PRO desktop client.
AIMMS PRO 2.3 Release
AIMMS PRO 2.3 allows AIMMS WebUI apps to run on any node in a PRO cluster. Previously, the WebUI app would only run on the node on which it was published. Therefore we added the following features:
- Publishing a WebUI application makes it available to all the nodes in a PRO cluster.
- Additionally, running WebUI applications are now distributed evenly across all the nodes in the cluster (upon clicking Launch).
- AIMMS PRO 2.3 allows the PRO administrator to understand how the cluster is configured and how the license profiles are used: the administrator has access to a set of monitoring pages. For more information, click here.
- When upgrading from a previous version of PRO to 2.3, you should run the PRO configurator and start the PRO services from there.
- If you want to use this version of PRO with WebUI apps, you should at least use AIMMS 4.6 for that. If you already have WebUI apps published with an earlier AIMMS version, please republish these with AIMMS 4.6.
- Due to missing .dll’s, sometimes the services could not start.
- Sometimes, a ‘data connection lost’ message was displayed when using WebUI apps.
- There was a problem that would leave WebUI Data Sessions processes running upon stopping the service; upon stopping or restarting all active sessions are now killed.
AIMMS PRO 2.2 Bugfix Release
On April 22, 2015, we released a bugfix on AIMMS PRO 2.2 (build 220.127.116.11).
- This release enables you to use up to 255 characters for the group names in your user setup.
The AIMMS PRO 2.2 Release
The AIMMS PRO 2.2 Release was released on April 15, 2015 (build 18.104.22.168).
AIMMS PRO 2.2 offers better integration between AIMMS PRO desktop apps and AIMMS WebUI apps. Therefore we added the following feature:
- All available client licenses will now be distributed between AIMMS PRO desktop and WebUI apps in a coordinated manner.
- The client licenses for WebUI sessions that are idle will be reclaimed after a configurable amount of time.
The AIMMS PRO 2.1 Release
The AIMMS PRO 2.1 Release was released on March 30, 2015 (build 22.214.171.124).
The purpose of PRO 2.1 is to make the IT installation and roll-out to end-users easier. Therefore we added the following features:
- In case you have setup AIMMS PRO to use Active Directory for user management, users no longer need to explicitly log into the PRO portal. When opening up the portal, users will automatically be routed to the overview of AIMMS apps assigned to them.
- As browsers are dropping the plug-in support, we developed an ‘App Launcher’ as a replacement. Users only need to download and install this once.
- To remove the need to open several firewalls ports to be able to run AIMMS apps over PRO, we have condensed all network traffic to one port. Using this feature requires AIMMS 4.4 or higher.
- We now offer encrypted data transfer (SSL/https) for WebUI users.
- Please note that when using WebUI with PRO 2.1 you do need AIMMS 4.4 or higher. Also, you need to republish all existing WebUI apps under PRO 2.1 to use AIMMS 4.4. You need to republish all existing PRO desktop apps if you want to benefit from the ‘one firewall port’ feature.