AIMMS PRO Configurator has a section called “Backup management” that allows to manage backups of the AIMMS PRO database and configuration (but not the storage folder). Using this section PRO Administrator may manually make backups or schedule automatic backups (see below).
This section consists of three sections.
These are the general setting for AIMMS PRO backups.
You may change here the following settings:
- Backup folder – path to the folder where the backups are stored on this server. By default the value is %AIMMS_PRO_DATA%\Backup (e.g. C:\ProgramData\AimmsPRO\Backup)
- Actions timeout (in minutes) – timeout for all backup-restore actions (in minutes). 0 means indefinite timeout. Change this value if you have a large PRO database and backup (or restore) of the database takes a long time.
- Backup schedule – a cron expression for running backups automatically. This cron expression is represented by six fields: second, minute, hour, day of month, month, day(s) of week where
– (*) means match any
– */X means “every X”
– ? means no specific value.
Leave this field blank to disable automatic backups. Default value is “0 5 0 * * ?” which means that backups will be created every day 5 minutes after midnight.
The button “Save settings” validates and saves backup settings.
The button “Backup now” immediately creates a backup.
Backups from current version of AIMMS PRO suite
This section shows backups that were made from the current major version of your AIMMS PRO Suite. So if you had version 2.5.1003.100 installed, made some backups there, then installed 2.6.1001.200, made some backups and later on upgraded to 2.6.1003.300 then you will see backups from 2.6.1001.200 and 2.6.1003.300 in this section. Backups from 2.5.1003.100 will go to “Backups from other versions of AIMMS PRO suite” section (see below).
Each backup name contains the following:
- Version of the AIMMS PRO installation on which it was created
- Name of the node on which it was created
- Date and time of the creation
You may select several backups and delete them if needed. You may select one backup and revert your database and configuration to the state that backup presents. Of course, that would mean that you will lose all applications published after that backup point. But if you restore to backup that contains those applications they will be available again.
Backups from other versions of AIMMS PRO suite
This section shows backups that were made from the versions different from the current major version of your AIMMS PRO Suite. See explanation about current major version concept in “Backups from current version of AIMMS PRO suite” section above.
You may select several backups and delete them if needed. You may not restore any backup from this section.
Full backup of all of your AIMMS PRO data
Please note. This backup section provides only possibility to backup AIMMS PRO database and its configuration files (that are located in %AIMMS_PRO_DATA%\Config folder, e.g. C:\ProgramData\AimmsPRO\Config\). PRO administrator needs to backup the storage folder using some external tools if that is needed (for example, this way). There are lot of tools available for incremental backups.